Ham Exam Helena, Mt.

This is the place for discussions of a general nature that don't seem to fit in another topic area!
K7MT
Extra

Ham Exam Helena, Mt.

Post by K7MT »

John Geach VEC Helena, Mt.
Just a reminder the Capital City Amateur Radio Club will be conducting Volunteer Examiner (VE) testing next Thursday February 14th at 7:00 PM in the Salvation Army Church. Your teachers will be your examiners. AG7NE AE7AQ AE7AP K7MT
On your FCC license application, you'll be asked for either your social security number or Federal Reference number (FRN). I'd recommend getting your FRN before the testing, since your new Amateur Radio License will be attached to that number. Be sure to write your FRN number down and bring it with you to the test session. To obtain your FRN, go to the FCC Universal Licensing System (ULS) website - https://apps.fcc.gov/coresWeb/publicHome.do
For those of you that already have a license, you already have a FRN number. Please make a copy of your license and bring it to the test session. You can log into the ULS site and download a copy of your license. If you don't know your password, just click on "forgot my password".

Please also bring the following to the test session:
• $14.00 exam fee. You may pay with either cash or check.
• Pen and pencil
• Photo ID and another source of ID ( credit card, Costco card etc. ) something that has your name on it.
• Calculator - if the calculator has the applicability to store math equations, you must erase the memory prior to the exam.

We will provide all the exam materials and scratch paper.
Please be sure to take some practice exams between now and the test session. This will give you a good indication you are ready for the exam. The practice exams are 35 question exams from the same question pool as your actual exam. Practice exams are free and can be found on a number of websites including the ARR.org, QRZ.com and hamexam.org. You'll get approximately the same score on the practice exams as you will on the actual exam.

If you're not passing your practice exams and are not ready to take your test next week, keep studying and let me know when you are ready for your exam. We'll setup a test session for you when you're ready.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
Thank you and good luck!
John KS7R
442-7107

Return to “General Topics”