Military Antenna Tower For Sale

This area is only for Ham Related For Sale items only. Use your best judgment here, or the Moderators will!
k7gdm
Novice
Novice

Military Antenna Tower For Sale

Post by k7gdm »

I have two military crank-up towers in great condition with all needed attachments provided. They hand crank to 23' with the ability to go higher by either extending the four legs to a downward angle as in a tripod—in this case a quadpod—or by adding a longer pipe into the top stage. The tower takes less than five minutes to set up. The guy I bought them from had a little practice and did it in a little over 3 minutes.

The first thing I thought of when I saw them was "Field Day"! I'm going to use mine for camping or other field operations for putting an inverted V dipole, a beam, an omnidirectional antenna, or my favorite: my 35 foot omnidirectional HF aluminum antenna.
I was able to find only one on the Internet and on eBay and the gentleman wanted $500.00 plus $100.00 shipping. He had just the one pole in good condition and the others not in good condition or with the needed attachments.

I'll try attaching a photo of it but if it doesn't work, call me at 406.868.7756.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
N7YO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Military Antenna Tower For Sale

Post by N7YO »

Hi Dave, how much are you asking for these?
73's Jim N7YO
k7gdm
Novice
Novice

Post by k7gdm »

Hello Jim. I realized after posting that I'd failed to list the price but didn't figure out how to edit it. I'm asking $450.00 each. There is an extra stage about 18" long that slips into the top stage that has handles on it. Not sure what it is, but one could drape a wire antenna over either handle. I have three but I'm definitely keeping one for myself.
I'm not sure if I mentioned the U-shaped spikes for nailing down the legs. I like that the legs for this thing can be set to any angle you want.

Hope this helps,
Dave & Rocky
KA2ODP/7
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KA2ODP/7 »

Hi Dave,

Have you heard about the upcoming “Spring Thaw” ham radio swap meet we are planning for 23 April 2016 at the DES compound? We did one last year and everyone had a good time. There is no charge to attend. Just bring your own table to display your radio gear behind the DES building in the fenced-in compound area. Or just drop the tailgate on your pickup truck. The event will run from 9:00 AM to around 1:00 PM. A lunch package of a hot dog/bag of chips/can of soda pop will be available for a modest fee.

If you have not sold your push-up masts by then, I recommend you bring them to the swap meet. I'm sure you'll find an interested group of hams there!
73 de
Bruce, KA2ODP/7
k7gdm
Novice
Novice

Post by k7gdm »

Thanks Bruce, it's a great idea. My problem is the Saturday issue; I'm a 7th Day Adventist. Maybe I'll find someone to help if they haven't sold by then. I'm going to list them on QRZ next.

Thanks again,
Dave & Rocky

Return to “For Sale (Ham Related Only)”