Section Manager Notes

This is the place for discussions of a general nature that don't seem to fit in another topic area!
K7MT
Extra

Section Manager Notes

Post by K7MT »

I almost forgot to remind you of the “ArgusFest”. On Saturday February 27th in Stevensville, Montana! One of the largest swap meets in Western Montana, you can eat breakfast with Hams from all over the state, buy, sell, take a ham radio test, or just enjoy the comradery .
Contact Argus Barker W8QMD..

The next swap meet that I am aware of is in Great Falls is April 16th.
The 2nd Annual “Spring Thaw” is held at the Cascade County DES office on the Westside. Contact Rod Jackson AE7JJ.

Then on the Third Weekend in July is the 82nd annual Glacier Waterton Hamfest near Essex Montana! It’s also the Montana State ARRL convention with seminars, crafts, and over three days of tailgating!!
Registration is OPEN at http://www.gwhamfest.org

I will be making the rounds in March and April. If you have any ARRL issues you can always contact me at aa7gs@arrl.net. See you soon!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
ARRL Montana Section
Section Manager: George N Forsyth, AA7GS aa7gs@arrl.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------

To unsubscribe from messages, go to:
http://p1k.arrl.org/oo/abd375a2df0fff56689a0ef0beb4cf09
KA2ODP/7
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Section Manager Notes

Post by KA2ODP/7 »

Correction and updates:

The "Spring Thaw" ham radio swap meet in Great Falls will be held on Saturday, 23 April 2016. (not 16 April 2016). The local Point of Contact is Rod Jackson, AE7JJ.

The hours will be 9:00 AM to around 1:00 PM

Bring your own table to display your radio gear. There is no fee to display, sell or buy. It's all free!

The location is at the Cascade County Disaster and Emergency Services (DES) compound. The address is 521 1st Avenue NW in Great Falls. For those not familiar with the DES office, the fenced-in compound is on the back side of the DES office. The gate is across the street from "Chucks" Chinese restaurant.

A light lunch of hot dogs, chips, and soda pop will be available for purchase at a reasonable price.

An Amateur Radio demonstration table will be set up for those interested in learning more about ham radio.

For more information, as the date approaches, tune in to our weekly ARES net on the 146.740 MHz repeater. Thursday evenings at 7:00 PM. Echo Link node #37656.
73 de
Bruce, KA2ODP/7
K7MT
Extra

Re: Section Manager Notes

Post by K7MT »

GM Bruce,

Thanks for that correction and I will post your update on face book Montana Ham Radio where I posted the original Section Managers Notes. If I am not on wild land fire I will try to make it to your gathering.

Thanks again Bill K7MT

Return to “General Topics”