https://www.meted.ucar.edu/training_course.php?id=23

Ken, W7GMC
ASEC, MT
KF7LXF
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

So now what?

Post by KF7LXF »

I took the entire course and at the end it asked if I wanted to sign up as a spotter. I said yes, but haven't heard anything since. Is there something else I need to do to get signed up as an "official" spotter?
W7GMC
Advanced

Re: So now what?

Post by W7GMC »

KF7LXF wrote:I took the entire course and at the end it asked if I wanted to sign up as a spotter. I said yes, but haven't heard anything since. Is there something else I need to do to get signed up as an "official" spotter?
Emory,
There is nothing else to do. Some area's do assign a spotter number, but Great Falls NWS doesn't assign one. Did you receive a certificate of completion for the online course? Your the first I know who completed the online course. Most HAM's around here take the course in person.

The only other thing we can do, is contact Ken, K7WOF and get the 1-800 # for weather spotters. This is to report significant weather events in accordance established reporting procedures.

Ken, W7GMC
MT ASEC
W7WOF
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

Re: Online NWS Weather Spotter Training

Post by W7WOF »

Thanks Ken (w7gmc) for the link to the weather spotter training. Anyone interested in weather spotting please take the online training, I recommend it even if you already have had the training it is a great way to review the material and stay current. It is easy to login and create a user account which gives you access to all types of weather training available online. If you complete the training would you please email a copy of your certificates to w7wof@arrl.net I will keep them on file and share with the NWS to verify with them who has had the training. Any question please contact me
Ken w7wof
Emergency Coordinator for Skywarn
North Central Montana Auxiliary Communications Group

Return to “Skywarn Information”