ARES Questions?

For discussions of everything pertaining to ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Services)
KE7BIN
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

ARES Questions?

Post by KE7BIN »

George was the thing with Lewis and Clark a drill or what was the deal. I talked to a fellow I know up there and he said there was lots of snow and roads were icey but that things were moving on as usual. At one time on the 85 repeater I heard them say that they had not recieved a weather spotter report from Great Falls Was Sky Warn suppose to be involved. The times I was out it really didn't seem that bad. 73
N7YO
Administrator
Administrator

ARES Questions?

Post by N7YO »

Hey George, do you have the current ARES members file? If so load it to the ARES files section. Thanks man.....
73's Jim N7YO
aa7gs
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ARES Questions?

Post by aa7gs »

Hi Jim, yse, I do have a current ARES members list,,,BUT I hesitate to publish it because it shows everyone who has the FEMA/NIMS/ICS training,,,or not,,, I don't want to embarass anybody until I get them to do the training...
George Forsyth AA7GS
Cascade County Emergency Coordinator
Montana District 2 Emergency Coordinator
Amateur Radio Emergency Services
aa7gs@arrl.net 406-791-8325
KE7BIN
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

ARES Questions?

Post by KE7BIN »

George, I don't think you should worry about that. You've colored that picture for everyone over and over. Those who will and those that won't, won't. I do think the updated list is needed so others can call Net if they need to. This is not intended to put anyone on the Hot Seat!!
N7YO
Administrator
Administrator

ARES Questions?

Post by N7YO »

Hey George i guess I didn't mean the membership roster, I meant the current roll call. The complete roster probably shouldn't be posted unless to a private files forum which I can make only visible to a select few.
73's Jim N7YO
KE7BIN
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

Re: ARES Questions?

Post by KE7BIN »

As we all know ARES is for EVERYONE it is not for just any one group of radio operators. Then why is it that we have local folks who wanted to be on the ARES LIST but Never answer A Thursday Night Net! I realize that radio is a hobby for us and that our private lives come first. I just think it would be nice that we would be able to get as many folks as we can to at least answer once a month so we know their still interested in case there were to be a disaster in our large communication area. Is there anyone who shares my opion or has any other opion on this subject. Please Come Now!!
N7YO
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ARES Questions?

Post by N7YO »

I agree that is certainly would be nice if we heard from everyone at least once a month. But we all know that our busy lives these days sometimes gets in the way of our desires. Hopefully now that the weather is changing, we will begin to get a few of the absent members to return to the net.
73's Jim N7YO

Return to “General Discussion”