Missoula Class

For discussions of everything pertaining to ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Services)
KE7BIN
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

Missoula Class

Post by KE7BIN »

The Missoula AUXCOM Class is Feb. 16 & 17. Our group has 4 more people going over. I think if you are a General class or higher and interested in helping out in the future you should consider taking this class. When the crap hits the fan it is the only way We'll be asked to Help Out!
KE7BIN
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

Re: Missoula Class

Post by KE7BIN »

The class was Great! The Team I was one turned out to be Super all the way around. I would like to Thank all of them. K7JZ Tim, KE7YTK Parrish, W7GMC Ken. for all the help, and their hard work.
I say all General Class and above who are interested in ECOMM. should sign up for these classes. 73 KE7BIN
n7ptm
General

Post by n7ptm »

So what's in an AUXCOMM class? What is it about?
Bob N7PTM
"Number 7 Pegs The Meter"
KE7BIN
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

Post by KE7BIN »

AUXCOMM stands for Auxiliary Emergency Communications. It is put on by Home Land Security. It is for Amateur Radio Operators who want to help in a time of need. You have to Hold a General Class Ticket or higher. Have taken and passed Is 700, 100, 200, & 800. Copies of these have to be sent in when requesting to get into the class. Upon passing the course your name is put into a national data base where you could be called out to respond to an incident in your or your surrounding area. The more advanced course would be the COMM L who is a local leader and COMM T who is a trained tech. In the case of a major event AUXCOMM will be called upon when ARES is not. I Hope This Helps There may be a class in Great Falls the last week end in June. Keep an eye on this Forum as time goes by
73 ke7bin

Return to “General Discussion”