ARES Training for 12 January 2012

AE7JJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ARES Training for 12 January 2012

Post by AE7JJ »

This weeks training covers some refresher material on “ARES Operations during Emergencies and Disasters” and “ARES Principles of Disaster Communications”. There is also a new Scenario Discussion to test your understanding of the concepts.

Net Control: North Central Montana Amateur Radio Emergency Service
AE7OC 7PM Thursdays 146.730 (N7YO) echolink 37656

Rod Jackson / AE7JJ
MT State ARES Training Coordinator
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KF7LXF
GFAARC Member
GFAARC Member

Re: ARES Training for 12 January 2012

Post by KF7LXF »

Since message-passing is such a crucial part of ARES, I would suggest that we put together some messages and practice this. I for one have seen the standard message template, but never used it. I'd feel a lot more professional and comfortable if there we had some sample messages that we could push through under training conditions so that when an actual emergency happens, I could be a reliable communications resource.

What do you think?
AE7JJ
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: ARES Training for 12 January 2012

Post by AE7JJ »

Good Idea. I have been considering how to do this on the training net without tying up too much time. What I have been thinking about is to pick one person at random on the net each week and have them copy a message and take the appropriate actions to see that it is delivered to the distant end. I need to work this out with my EC/Net control and Todd (MT ARES State EC) but could see this as a regular part of our weekly net in the near future.

Great minds think alike. thanks for the comment.

73's / Rod / AE7JJ

Return to “State ARES Files”